2019 Invoices have been sent to all Members.
Have a Great Holiday Season.
Some doubt exists on which rule applies if a ball comes into the security zone behind green-7.
It is explained in the local rules posted in the check-in hut or on the EGC web-site.
4-3 If a ball is hit into or deemed lost in the environmentally protected/security related hazard areas behind the fourth green and the seventh green, such a ball may not be played as it lies. The player may proceed according to rule 27 or drop a ball, under penalty of one stroke, in the respective dropping zone.
Major Rule Changes
New Golf Rules will come into effect on 1 January 2019, please make yourself aware of the changes.
The major changes address:
- When Things Happen to Your Ball in Play
- Ball at Rest Accidentally Moves
- Replacing a Moved or Lifted Ball
- Ball in Motion Accidentally Deflected
- Ball is Struck More Than Once
- Taking Relief
- Dropping a Ball in a Defined Relief Area
- Lost Ball
- Embedded Ball
- Ball to Use in Taking Relief
- Specific Rules for Specific Areas of the Course
- Putting Green
- Penalty Areas
- Equipment You are Allowed to Use
- Damaged Clubs
- Damaged Ball
- Distance-Measuring Devices
- How You Prepare for and Make a Stroke
- Promoting Faster Pace of Play
- Insisting on High Standards of Conduct and Trusting Player Integrity
See https://www.rules.golf/ for all the changes and available resources.
A PDF overview of the Major Changes can be found following this link.